Friday, September 10, 2010

Adventures in Filipino food!

When I traveled to Korea in 2009 I ate at this amazing Filipino restaurant and had tosi-log. It was tocino (curried pork) with garlic rice and a fried egg over-easy. It was soooo stinkin good! I have been trying to mimic tocino since. I have bought the frozen packages and tried to doctor them up. It has not worked yet.

I have a Filipino friend who cooks traditional Filipino food and he learned the recipe from his mom recently. He made it for the 1st time this last week and gave us some of his. I let it set in the fridge curring and made it today...OH MY GOSH!!! It is the CLOSEST I have come to replicating the tocino! :D I made the garlic rice and the egg over-easy! :D Yum YUM YUMMMMMY!!!! I love ethnic foods! :D


"Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?" ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment